Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Doomed Puppies Need a Ride!


Puppy lovers!  Could you help save the lives of 67 (or so) puppies and their moms?

This picture is the best ad for spay/neutering you could imagine!  Anyway, these babies have been born into this world and our Club's purpose is to help them...

See the message below from our rescue heroes, Connie and Dave:

Hi Michael and Friends,

First, Dave and I want to thank you. With the help of the chip in donations we have made 2 trips to Chicago. The little yorkie, Baby Girl, was adopted as soon as she hit the adoption floor. What wonderful news. We did transport Lucky Boy and Skipper (the dog caught in the bear trap). The next day after transport he had major surgery, but is doing fine now. He will be featured in the Chicago newspaper about his ordeal, the transport and his new life in Chicago.

Wanted to show you some of the puppies that will be transported this weekend.

Friday last week I was on my way to the vet, just right down the road from me, a mom lab on chain with 7 puppies was in the middle of the road. I stopped and got out to get them off the road before a car came. They ran to the house off the road. I left one of my flyers on their mailbox to call me I would help.

The people did call. They said they did not know what to do. They have 3 moms and 21 puppies. I just about fell off my chair.

I contacted Chicago and told them what was going on. She told me that she would send out an S.O.S. about the situation.

I went over to the people's house today and took dog food, vaccinated the puppies, frontlined them, and dewormed them. With the help of my friends Lou and Susan with the Cherokee Humane Society.

I am going there in the morning and get the 4 momas (another one had puppies too) and take them to the vet for spays and neuters.

Dave is leaving tomorrow night for Chicago with 20 moms and puppies.

We will go again next Saturday to Chicago with all of these puppies, plus 26 other puppies.

Just wanted to share, this is going to be a bad year in OK for puppies.

Little by little though we will help all we can. Without all of your support, transports would be limited to only one a month. Then many lives would die in Oklahoma.

Connie and Dave

Connie and Dave regularly drive around and pick up doomed dogs from shelters in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri. These dogs would likely be put to sleep if not for them.  Your donations literally make the difference as to whether there is enough gas money for these trips to happen or not and whether these dogs live or die- thanks for your support!

All donations go directly from Paypal to Save Our Strays, a 501(c)(3) charity, and are tax-deductible.